Pages

Lisa's Fiber Creations

This is me. I've included my family, my art and friends, people and places to visit. You can Join My trading postal art group by clicking on an Art4Mail button where ever you see one. come join the fun, join the journey, I can assure you it will be fun and rewarding. Smile everyday, kiss someone one on the cheek, pass on nice compliments to others and you will reap the rewards of giving joy to others. Hugs to all who read this and May my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Bless you.
Lisa Maria Alff

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Miriam presenting one of her Emma's Tree to the President of Ireland Mary McAleese

Irish Patchwork Society
The Irish Patchwork Society was founded in 1981 to promote the practice and art of patchwork, applique and quilting in Ireland To read more about this click on the highlighted link above.

Chairperson Miriam Gogarty recently presented President Mary McAleese with "Emma's Tree". The President was very impressed with the wall-hanging and said that it will hang in her home in Roscommon for Christmas.

A pattern for making "Emma's Tree" is included in the Winter Issue of the IPS Newsletter.

The Branching Out National Exhibition will be
Upcoming Quilt Events
2011 - 30th Anniversary of the IPS. To celebrate this, a special National exhibition will be taking place in the Botanic Gardens in July 2011. Theme is "Branching Out". All local branches will be hosting their own exhibitions Jan-Apr to enable selection of quilts for the National Exhibition
Octagon Quilters 20th Anniversary Exhibition. Custom House Studios, The Quay, Westport, Co. Mayo. July 7th - 31st
Hands Across the Border Exhibition. Theme: Dreamcatcher. On exhibit September in the Visitors Centre, Phoenix Park, Dublin
IPS National AGM 15th October. Preliminary notice of AGM. Talk by visiting quilter Philippa Naylor.

It will also include a fabric postcard exibit and I am happy to say that many members of my Art4Mail postrcard trading group will have postcards in the exibit along with postcards from all over the world. To learn more click here.
Click here to join Art4Mail we swap postcards as well as many other art forms, button fairies, mug rugs, ATC's, mini quilts, charms and too much to mention......
I want to wish Miriam great success with this phonomial project. It is an honor to know Miriam and she has been such a wonderful inspiration to me through all my good and bad times. I love ya girl.....hugs and kisses

No comments: